Get to Know Jesus
Have you ever wondered who Jesus is and how you can get to know Him? Jesus is one of the best decisions that you will ever make. He is there to take care of your needs, He gives direction, hope, and He loves you more than anyone or thing in this world. He can help free you from hurt, worry, anxiety, and gives you purpose. He does not condemn you for who you are or turn His back on you. He loves you even with all of your imperfections and all of the things nobody else knows about you.
What We’re Told
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was with God in the beginning. 3 Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. 4 In him was life, and that life was the light of all mankind. 5 The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it. 14 The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.18 No one has ever seen God, but the one and only Son, who is himself God and is in closest relationship with the Father, has made him known. John 1-5, 14, 18
- There is no other Relationship that you will have that is more rewarding.
- There is no one else that you will find more of an accomplishment then the Relationship that you can have with Jesus Christ.
- There is no other Relationship that will give more reason to carry on.
- There is no other Relationship that will mean more to you in your life.
Dear Heavenly Father, be our guide showing us every step that we need to take. Give us the wisdom and hope that we need to see the future you have planned for us. Give us the heart to become seekers and the understanding to interpret the knowledge that You place in front of each one of us. Lead us through this process helping us become a stronger family than we have ever been. In Psalm 117:2 we are told For great is his steadfast love toward us, and the faithfulness of the Lord endures forever. Thank you Lord In Jesus Name amen
He’s Got a Plan for You
I know what I’m doing. I have it all planned out—plans to take care of you, not abandon you, plans to give you the future you hope for. “When you call on me, when you come and pray to me, I’ll listen. “When you come looking for me, you’ll find me. “Yes, when you get serious about finding me and want it more than anything else, I’ll make sure you won’t be disappointed.” God’s Decree. “I’ll turn things around for you. Jeremiah 29:11-14 MSG
Your Being Called
Have you ever wondered about this whole “Jesus Thing”? Did you know that He loves us so much that He suffered and Died on a cross just so that your sins could be forgiven? He has so many plans for you that only you can do! Humans are not perfect, everyone has sinned even the “good people”. There are those that are “good people” that still will tell little white lies, every now and again act out or treat someone bad. They hold grudges because someone has hurt them in their past and they cannot let it go. It is not just the person who has done things that you perceive as unthinkable that need Jesus we all do. He did not sacrifice Himself for just a few but for everyone in this world.
You ask how do I get this gift?
We have already been given this gift, John 3:16 He loves you so much that He became the sacrifice to cover our imperfections. If you are searching He has quickened your heart and has chosen you to receive this free gift.
- Know that: For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God Romans 3:23 ESV
- Know the outcome: For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 6:23 ESV
- Know the sacrifice: “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. John 3:16 ESV
- Know that He loves you: But God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8 ESV
- Know what to do: Because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9 ESV
- Know that this is from God: For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast. Ephesians 2:8-9 ESV
- Know that your past has been forgiven: For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him. John 3:17 ESV For whenever our heart condemns us, God is greater than our heart, and he knows everything. 1 John 3:20 ESV
- Know Him better: All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, that the man of God may be competent, equipped for every good work. 2 Timothy 3:16-17 ESV
- Know that you can talk to Him: Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. Philippians 4:6 ESV Pray without ceasing 1 Thessalonians 5:17 ESV Watch and pray that you may not enter into temptation. The spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak.” Matthew 26:41 ESV
A Prayer of Acceptance
Jesus come into my life; I believe that through your love you died for me to cover my sins so I may have eternal life. Through faith in you and not by my actions or deeds you have given me this gift. I recognize you as my Lord and Savior. Amen
When the Lord pours out a remarkable spirit of prayer, it is a good sign that he is coming toward us in mercy. Promises are given to quicken and encourage prayer. He never said, Seek me in vain. Matthew Henry’s concise commentary
“Sword: Free Bible Study for the PC.” Matthew Henry’s Concise Commentary , e-sword.net/.
“BibleGateway.” BibleGateway.com: A Searchable Online Bible in over 150 Versions and 50 Languages., http://www.biblegateway.com/.
You must be logged in to post a comment.